Sunday, February 05, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of February 5, 2012


And just like that, it's February. I can't believe we are already a month into 2012. Where does the time go?

I'm finally able to announce that I recently accepted a new job! This week is my last week at my current place and it's bittersweet. I'm going to miss a lot of things about my current job but my new one has quite a few perks I'm looking forward to, the main one being that I'll be working from home. Yup, you read that right. My new company will be setting me up with a home office and my commute will be a flight of stairs. Being able to cook my lunch instead of just heating up leftovers is very exciting. And dinner prep should be easier. I've already got a list of things I want to make, including things with artichokes that SP won't eat. Unfortunately the first week I'll be heading about an hour away for training each day so next week is going to be all about leftovers, takeout and cleaning out the freezer. I'll be back the week of February 20 with a new weekly menu.

Sunday - Super Bowl Party. I'm also making Mom's Helper and Texas Roadhouse Green Beans for lunch the next day.

Monday - Potato Rosemary Soup, Texas Roadhouse Salad: I had this soup on the menu a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to make it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Tuesday - Hoagies

Wednesday - Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta, and sauteed spinach with garlic: SP loves chicken marsala so I'm excited to see what he thinks about this pasta.

Thursday - Out to eat after a late appointment

Friday - Homemade pizza
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I think the green beans sound great with the pasta.

    Best of luck in the new job, working from home sounds like a great perk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot that I had planned the beans as a side for the pasta so I ended up making them last night. I'm going to have them for lunch today. :)

      Thanks! I can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new job! I'm so jealous at your ability to work from home now! What a luxury.

    The menu sounds great -- especially that potato rosemary soup. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited. It was definitely a deciding factor in accepting the job. :)

      Obviously I haven't made the soup yet (tonight's dinner) but I think it's going to be great.

      Delete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!