Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of February 27, 2012


Here we are at the end of February. I feel like a broke record but how is it almost March? I feel like we were just gearing up for the holidays and now we're almost ready for spring. The Northeast has had one of the best winters in recent memory - barely any snow, temps way above normal and overall gorgeous weather. This is actually really helpful for my diet because cold weather makes me way to eat heavy meals like mac and cheese and potato gratin. So thank you, Mother Nature!

I'm really excited about this week's menu. SP requested Sunday's dinner but the other three meals are things I've seen on blogs and had to make immediately.

Saturday - Eggplant parm pizza using leftover eggplant parm from Friday night's dinner out

Sunday - Swedish Meatballs with Egg Noodles, green beans: this is the meal SP requested. It's one of his all-time favorites.

Monday - SP has a work event so I'm going to have leftover Swedish meatballs for dinner.

Tuesday - hoagies after exercise class

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup: we love Thai food but I rarely make it at home. This was one of the submissions for the recent soup recipe swap and I since I didn't get it for the swap I knew I had to make it soon. And now that I'm home during the day I can watch the slow cooker to prevent burning.
Thursday - Spicy Chicken with Eggplant over Rice: this is one of our favorite dishes to get at a Chinese restaurant.

Friday - Ravioli Primavera: a meal with the starch and veggie mixed together is a winner in my book. I'm subbing ravioli for the tortellini because I have a bag in the freezer that needs to be used up.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. The meatballs are not exactly as we make them in Sweden but they look very tasty though!
    It is great to see that so many people like the traditional Swedish meatballs :D

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!